Annual Report Instructions for Divisions
FORMS (Forms Online Reporting Management System) is used by local sections and technical divisions to complete their annual reports. For more information and user guides visit the FORMS information page.
Filing the Annual Report
- Offers a review of your division's activities and an opportunity to evaluate the year's program and highlight those areas where the division may wish to do more.
- Assists other divisions in program and activity planning through the pertinent information presented in your report and distributed by our office.
- Presents an accurate picture of your division's accomplishments to DAC, which uses the reports to prepare its assessment of division activities for the ACS Council.
- Serves as a historical document for your division.
- To self-nominate for ChemLuminary awards
- To meet the requirement to receive your annual allotment
- To fulfill requirements in the ACS Constitution and Bylaws
Submit your annual reports online:
FORMS is a web-based application that allows division officers to complete and submit their annual reports online. Find more information about FORMS and user guides on the FORMS information page.
Division chairs, chair-elects, secretaries, treasurers, and councilors will be granted access to FORMS. Chairs can request access for additional users by contacting email@example.com.
Completing the annual report requires a coordinated effort by various volunteer members of the division governance. The steps in preparing the report, along with roles and responsibilities are:
- Secretaries are responsible for the completion of the administration form and adding activities the division has completed during the year
- Treasurers are responsible for the completion of the financial form
- Division chair submits report online
Annual reports must be entered into FORMS by February 15 each year.
A one-month extension may be granted if you are unable to complete your annual report by February 15. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request an extension to March 15.
Through the annual report review process, DAC can monitor division activities, identify trouble spots, ensure that emerging branches of chemistry are adequately represented, and provide data for reports to the Council Policy Committee. DAC also identifies innovative and outstanding projects so divisions can be recognized and rewarded.