National Chemistry Week or Chemists Celebrate Earth Day
Invite your elected representatives to attend your Local Section’s public outreach activities.
These policy activities can piggy-back on programs your local section already does well.
- Invite your elected representatives as you plan the event.
- Fax invitations to all of your elected representatives.
Summarize Who, What, When & Where. |
- Include a copy of any past/present publicity or recognition you have. received regarding your National Chemistry Week or other events.
- Follow up with phone call to district office.
- You will most likely need to resend letter.
- Plan ahead.
- Make sure that if legislators attends, they can perform experiments, talk to the audience, and use this as an opportunity for photographs.
- Make sure that you can also use it as an opportunity for photographs.
- Follow up.
- Write thank-you notes to the official.
- Report the event in your local section newsletter or website.
- Let the Office of Public Affairs know about the event.
- For examples of event reports, check out our Local Section Success Stories.
href="mailto:email@example.com?subject=Government%20Affairs%20Policy%20Activities" target="_top">Brad Smith