The ACS PressPac contains reports of research selected from 40+ peer-reviewed ACS journals and Chemical & Engineering News. This weekly service provides leads on the latest advances in science and their impact on the business world.
- A greener source of polyester — cork trees
- Researchers question emergency water treatment guidelines
- Making radiation-proof materials for electronics, power plants
- '3D’ test could reduce reliance on animals for testing asthma and allergy medications
- New type of barcode could make counterfeiters’ lives more difficult
- Global Challenges/Chemistry Solutions: A series of podcasts describing some of the 21st Century’s most daunting problems, and how cutting-edge research in chemistry matters in the quest for solutions.
- Reactions: An all-ages trip to the frontiers of knowledge. Reactions is a new weekly video series about the chemistry all around us featuring intriguing stories about science, medicine, energy food and much more.
- Chemists Celebrate Earth Day: Showcasing the scientists who keep our water safe (video)
- The science of caffeine, the world’s most popular drug (video)
- Scientists use Google Glass to map the future of medical testing (video)
- Why do we get allergies? The science of springtime sniffling and sneezing (video)
- Periodic Puns: Chemistry jokes just in time for April Fools’ Day (video)