Chemistry Ambassadors put a human face on our science and help connect chemistry with everyday life.
By becoming a Chemistry Ambassador, you can help educate people about the importance of chemists and chemistry, while taking part in community activities that are engaging and fulfilling for you. The benefits of becoming a Chemistry Ambassador include:
- You contribute to improving the public’s perception of chemists and chemistry
- Actual outreach efforts are customizable to your time, whether you have a little time or a lot
- It’s a great way for you to be engaged in your community
- Helps you connect with other members to share experiences, advice and outreach materials
Become a compelling spokesperson for your profession. Present ACS’s many and excellent resources to the audiences they are intended to serve. Connect with the people who live in your community. Who better to represent chemistry in the community than our more than 158,000 members?
Sign up now to receive additional information and resources.
Chemistry Ambassadors in the Classroom
Every day ACS members demonstrate and share the wonders of chemistry in classrooms worldwide. In this video, we show you how easy it is to do it yourself.
Speak Simply about Chemistry
As a chemist, you understand that chemistry is all around us. As a Chemistry Ambassador, you see opportunities to talk about chemistry all around you, too.! For tips for speaking simply about your work, visit our Speak Simply about Your Job page.
Tips & Resources
- Speak Simply about Your Job
- Inspire Future Generations
- Public Relations and Media Outreach
- Talk to Your Lawmakers
- Present in Your Community
- Tools and Messages
- Chemistry in the News
My ACS Story: Prin Furst
"When I started an ACS ChemClub at our high school, I was pleasantly surprised to have 95 students join. Ninety five kids that have the expectation of me providing them with exciting, fun, educational experiences multiple times a month."
By becoming a Chemistry Ambassador, you can help educate people about the importance of chemists and chemistry, while taking part in community activities that are engaging and fulfilling for you on your own time schedule. Join now!