Chemistry Champions Contest
Congratulations to the 2015 Chemistry Champions winners!
ChemChamp Hadi Fares,
graduate student at Florida State University
Runner-Up Tierra Range,
undergraduate student at Centenary College
Thank you to all who watched, voted, and cheered on our four finalists Hadi, Tierra, Dave Farina, and Erica Lewis.
Extra special thanks to our judges
- Julie Fooshee, Science Festival Alliance at MIT Museum
- Stephen "Steve" Lyons, independent science filmmaker based in Boston
- Dr. Kiki Sanford, host of This Week in Science
Watch the video below and keep watching #chemchamps on Twitter.
- Guarantee of up to $1000 USD for roundtrip transportation to Washington, DC
- June 21-23 (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday) night hotel accommodation
- Guarantee of up to $1000 USD for roundtrip transportation to Boston, MA
- August 14-17 (Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday) night hotel accommodation
- host an ACS Webinar
Grand Prize Winner!
- trip to Washington, DC to network with professional science communications staff at ACS and possibly attend a briefing on Capitol Hill
- host an ACS Reactions video
- join the National Academy of Sciences' Science & Entertainment Exchange
- the 3D-printed Chemistry Champions trophy
- Entry is open to all ACS Members who are also Younger Chemists on any calendar day in 2015
- birthdate on or after January 2, 1979
- All Semifinalists must be ACS members with a membership expiration after September 1, 2015.
- Entrants must complete, sign, and submit a Contest Release Form
Follow the Finalists on Twitter!
Use #chemchamps to cheer on the Finalists and share their videos with others. The number of views could help any of the four Finalists win the Grand Prize!
New to Twitter? Check out Getting Started with Twitter.