In the competitive landscape of grant applications, it’s not just about having a brilliant idea. The art of crafting and writing the proposal itself is equally vital.
Join Program Manager and Assistant Director Nancy Jensen of the Office of Research Grants at ACS as she provides practical tips for identifying funding sources, suggests effective approaches for presenting research plans, and identifies some common pitfalls in preparing proposals. In addition, hear firsthand from accomplished grant recipients, Associate Dean of the College and Associate Professor of Chemistry Emily McLaughlin of Bard College and Stevenson Professor of Chemistry Steven Townsend of Vanderbilt, as they share perspectives born from their experiences navigating the critical factors that led to successful research grant funding. Register now to discover the secrets to crafting a compelling proposal that captures attention and secures valuable research grant funding!
This ACS Webinar is moderated by Director of the Office of Research Grants Joerg Schlatterer at ACS and co-produced with ACS Office of Research Grants and the ACS Petroleum Research Fund.
What You Will Learn
- Essential techniques for developing a competitive grant proposal and strategies to avoid common errors in proposal writing
- Invaluable knowledge on where to locate potential funding sources
- How to realistically handle rejection and turn it into a constructive opportunity for growth
What an attendee said about this ACS Webinar!
Today's speakers presented very good tips and strategies in the webinar to prepare effective grant proposals to secure research funding. I have used some of the strategies in my own research in pharmaceutical R&D to obtain internal support for research projects.
Benefits of Membership
- ACS Webinars Archive: Every one of our 250+ past webinars available on demand
- Save Money: Members receive discounts on meetings, development courses and more!
- Access to SciFinder®: Members receive 25 complimentary SciFinder® research activities per year