Knowledge of chemistry can enhance your cooking. Join Guy Crosby, back by popular demand – as he enthralls us with chemical reactions that occur during the preparation of food which determine how flavors develop. Guy will explore the chemical reactions behind three sources of flavors: those created by enzymes, the caramelization of sugars and the Maillard reaction in browning proteins. He will also explore how storage affects food flavor. Come and equip yourself with the knowledge that will make you a titan in the kitchen. Ready to cook?
What You Will Learn
- The role of flavor in food selection
- Three sources of flavor in food
- Applications of culinary chemistry in the development of food flavor
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.
Benefits of Membership
- ACS Webinars Archive: Every one of our 250+ past webinars available on demand
- Save Money: Members receive discounts on meetings, development courses and more!
- Access to SciFinder®: Members receive 25 complimentary SciFinder® research activities per year