Voyage to Mars: Red Planet Chemistry
You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org asking you to confirm your shipping address and other information. You must reply to this email by Friday, October 5th, 2018 to receive your physical box.* Groups that do not reply to confirm their shipping address by this date may not receive a box in time for the live event.
*The ACSPIB team will review all registrations before approving shipment of physical boxes for participating groups.
Explore Further with C&EN
- How chemistry will help put humans on Mars - Short Video by C&EN
- To build settlements on Mars, we’ll need materials chemistry - Article by Neil Savage
- Chemistry’s role in human space travel - Article by Elizabeth K. Wilson
- Ancient organic molecules found on Mars - Article by Mark Peplow
- Liquid water detected beneath Mars ice cap - Article by Sam Lemonick
- Boiling water may cause Martian sand slides - Article by Elizabeth K. Wilson
- Sending mass specs to Mars - Article by Celia Henry Arnaud
- Polymer Aerogels Provide Insulation For Earth And Space - Article by Lauren K. Wolf
- Astrobiologist Sherry Cady looks to Earth’s remote places to aid the search for past life on Mars - Article by Deirdre Lockwood
Frequently Asked Questions
When will I receive my ACSPIB Box?
Boxes will ship to groups beginning early February 2018. You should receive your box at least a week before the live event, but likely earlier!
What will be in the ACSPIB Box?
The box will contain raffle prizes, handouts for your attendees, resources to help you plan your event and ACS professional development resources! We might not be able to send enough materials for everyone in your group but digital templates will be posted shortly.
How do I access the live video stream?
All groups will need to check in to view the live video stream at www.acs.org/pib. The check in form will not be posted until the day of the live broadcast. If you have any specific questions, please email us at email@example.com.
What can I do to prepare before then?
Reserve a room with:
- Fast internet connection (ethernet preferred over wifi!).
- Dedicated computer to access the livestream
- Projector or High-Definition TV
- Loud speakers (reach the back row!) that work with your computer and projector/TV.
Advertise! Use social media, download our professionally designed flyers, make a newsletter…get creative!
I have more questions!
Visit www.acs.org/pib or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to reach the ACSPIB team.
ACS Program-in-a-Box™ is an exclusive benefit for ACS Local Sections, Technical Divisions, and Student Chapters. Due to international shipping restrictions, physical box kits can be sent to the United States, Canada, and US territories. Please contact us (email@example.com) if you would like to receive an ACS Program-in-a-Box™ from outside these shipping locations.
Not an ACS Local Section, Technical Division, or Student Chapter? That’s okay! We want chemists to join the party and connect with each other. We’ll send you a “digital box” to download handouts included in the physical box for you to print and share with your attendees. We can also help you use ACS Program-in-a-Box™ to start your Student Chapter, or get your Local Section or Student Chapter back into an active status, so next time you’ll see an ACS Program-in-a-Box™ on your doorstep!"
ACS Program-in-a-Box™ does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.
Rice University Department of Earth, Environmental, and Planetary Sciences
Program Element Manager for Lightweight Materials and Manufacturing NASA’s Game Changing Technologies Program
Susanna Widicus Weaver
Associate Professor and Director of Graduate Studies, Department of Chemistry, Emory University