Committee on Budget and Finance
What We Do
The purpose of the Committee on Budget and Finance (B&F) is to provide clear, easy-to-understand information about ACS finances. ACS is a strong, vibrant organization with:
- A large and supportive membership
- High-quality programs and services
- Substantial financial resources
As stewards of the Society's financial resources, it is our responsibility to:
- Maintain the health of ACS for current and future members
- Prioritize and focus on the most strategic needs
- Manage our resources wisely based on strategic priorities
Ensure the continuation of a strong and sustainable organization, to maintain adequate financial resources and to adhere to financial stewardship principles that will enhance the Society's ability to accomplish the ACS goals today and into the future.
To provide appropriate financial and business guidance, support, and resources to the ACS Board, B&F Committee, Governance and ACS Staff, as well as financial information to the Chemistry Enterprise and the general public as appropriate.
- Provide financial expertise and support to the ACS Board of Directors so the Board can fulfill its fiduciary responsibilities.
- Assess financial impact of proposed amendments to the Society's Constitution and Bylaws (C&B) and provide assessment to the C&B Committee.
- Ensure effective communication regarding the Society's finances to ACS Council, ACS members, and the public at large.
Who We Are
Reports to Council
- August 2020 | Virtual | Slides | Talking Points
- March 2020 | Virtual | Slides | Talking Points
- April 2019 | Orlando, FL | Slides | Talking Points
- August 2018 | Boston, MA | Slides | Talking Points
- March 2018 | New Orleans, LA | Slides | Talking Points
- August 2017 | Washington, DC | Slides | Talking Points
- April 2017 | San Francisco, CA | Slides | Talking Points
- August 2016 | Philadelphia, PA | Slides | Talking Points
- March 2016 | San Diego, CA | Slides | Talking Points