Committee on Constitution & Bylaws
The ACS Committee on Constitution and Bylaws (C&B) works through subcommittees to
- Review, interpret, and/or initiate appropriate actions on petitions to amend the Society's governing documents;
- Review proposed amendments to bylaws of Local Sections, Divisions, and International Chemical Sciences Chapters; and
- Prepare analyses on various issues and guideline documents.
- 3-4 hours per month depending on the number of items submitted to the Committee for review.
- The Committee works year-round, mostly through its subcommittees via email.
Documents of the Committee
- Petitions to amend the Society’s Constitution and Bylaws
- Unit bylaw guidelines and other useful information
- Committee Charter
- Members of the Committee
If you have any questions or comments about petitions, options to update bylaws for Divisions, Local Sections, or International Chemical Sciences Chapters, the ACS Governing Documents (Bulletin 5), or C&B, please contact us at email@example.com, 202-872-4071, or 800-227-5558, ext. 4071.