Committee on Chemical Safety
Welcome to the Committee on Chemical Safety (CCS)! This section highlights the Committee's activities and provides administrative resources for its members. Our primary activities include:
- Publication of standards, tools, and other materials for use in classrooms, laboratories, and the workplace
- Development of safety policy statements for the ACS Board of Directors
- Providing advice and assistance to other ACS committees and members
- Presentation and sponsorship of symposia
To promote and advance positive safety cultures by providing authoritative resources.
A culture that results in all chemical practitioners working safely.
Current Projects and Announcements
- Recently Added:
2018 Safety Summit Findings
- For the Classroom/Community:
- Playing with Fire: Chemical Safety Expertise Required - Journal of Chemical Education - free access through 2018
- The Flame Test: A safer version of the "Rainbow Demonstration"