The Subcommittee on Communications helps fulfill the Committee on Chemical Safety's mission to communicate safe practices and principles pertinent to the success of the chemical enterprise.
This subcommittee is in transition. We are currently developing a framework for a communications strategy to be used by the Committee on Chemical Safety. The subcommittee is also developing a template for a periodic newsletter to be proposed at the New Orleans meeting.
- Collaboration Space (login required)
ACS National Meeting in New Orleans, LA
Saturday, March 17, 2018 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Hilton New Orleans Riverside: Grand Salon B Sec. 7
- Communications related topics from the Safety Summit
- Comment and finalize template for communications strategy (including candidate projects)
- Discuss Newsletter template and approach to populating and publishing.
- Prepare educational materials to implement the Guidelines for Chemical Laboratory Safety in Academic Institutions
- Scott Goode, the past chair of the Safe Solutions Subcommittee has been appointed as a Consultant to the committee.
- Kim Jeskie is the new Chair for this subcommittee. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Past Projects and Publications
- Development of a draft Chemical Safety Communication System.
- Many of these ideas have or will be incorporated into the ACS Safety web presence.
- Evaluate the presence (or absence) of chemical safety in a large number of chemical research journals.
- The results of this survey were cited by many journal editorial boards (including ACS journals) as impetus to require that authors address safety concerns specifically in their manuscripts.