2018 Committee Preferences
It is time to begin the process of making appointment to ACS Council-related committees for 2017. If you are interested in serving on an ACS Committee, the online committee preference form for committee assignments will be open from March 27-June 9, 2017 at https://www.yellowbook.acs.org/. Here are some highlights to remember:
- ConC only makes the recommendations for committee appointment and reappointments. The ACS President and Board Chair approve the actual recommendations made by ConC, both individually and jointly in late fall.
- Keep in mind that these are working committees; regular attendance at committee and subcommittee meetings (often held at national meetings) are required and most important.
- Most initial appointments to committees are for associate positions. Associates are appointed for one-year and must also complete the preference form in order to seek reappointment on the committee in which they currently serve.
- Those finishing a term or who have reached the statutory limit on a committee especially need to complete the online form to reaffirm their interest and commitment to service in the Society.
- It is helpful to list four of the Council-related committees. If you are currently serving on a committee, your current committees will be listed, along with the term expiration date.
- After selecting your preferred committees, you will then provide details about your qualifications. I must emphasize that it is very helpful to the President, Board Chair and ConC and to those respective committees selected, to include specific details about your qualifications for appointment.
- Upon completion of your preferences and qualifications, you will receive a confirmation that will highlight your selections and confirmation that your submissions have been received.
- You can also use this system to update your Yellow Book contact and biographical information throughout the year. Contact the ACS Secretary’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you don’t receive information about the online preference form.