ACS Committee on Nominations & Elections
The ACS Committee on Nominations & Elections selects, from among the broad diversity of the membership, candidates who can provide quality leadership.
Composition and Duties
The committee is composed of fifteen voting Councilors elected by Council, and its duties include:
- Receiving suggestions of persons who should be considered when selecting proposed nominees for Society offices; receiving proposals for nomination by Councilor petition; and receiving nominating petitions from ACS members.
- Preparing a slate of nominees for District Directors and President-Elect, and of candidates for Director-at-Large, together with a summary of the qualifications of those named.
- Supervising all Society elections.
- Receiving and reviewing credentials of Councilors and determining eligibility for admittance to Council meetings.
- Conducting elections in the Council.
- Serving as an election appeals board for all Local Section or Division elections when it has reason to believe that significant election procedure violations have occurred.
In addition to subcommittees to prepare slates of nominees and candidates for Society offices, N&E has three subcommittees to facilitate the work of the committee.
- Subcommittee on Candidate Services and Communications
This subcommittee is tasked with maximizing communications and services to nominees and candidates for ACS National Office.
- Subcommittee on Elections Procedures & Processes
This subcommittee is tasked with coordinating with staff to conduct interim elections as the need arises. Additionally, the subcommittee will continually review procedures for elections to make the process more efficient and reliable.
- Subcommittee on Leadership Sustainability
To strengthen the Society’s current leadership identification process this Subcommittee is tasked with establishing communications between key areas within the Society to secure a high level of sustainable, qualified and diversified leaders for the future. These areas would include leadership on the committee level and the ACS national office level. Communications would include working with the Board of Director’s Leadership Advisory Board in efforts to identify emerging leaders within the Society.
Suggestions for Officers and Elected Committees
- Suggestions for 2021 Society Officers - Deadline May 15, 2019
- COUNCILORS ONLY: Suggestions for Elected Committees
- Duties and Desired Skill Sets for ACS President
- Duties and Desired Skill Sets for ACS Board of Directors
- Duties of Members on Elected Committees
- ACS Guidelines on Campaigning and Communication
- Frequently Asked Questions on ACS Guidelines on Campaigning and Communication
- ACS Governing Document (Bulletin 5): See Constitution Articles VII, Sec5; and X, and Bylaw IV, Sec, 6; and Bylaw V