Committee on Ethics
What We Do
To provide and promote resources and activities that educate, guide, and recognize chemists in ethical decision-making.
- Develop and disseminate five educational projects for use by local sections.
- Develop collaborative programming on ethics with other groups, both inside and outside of ACS.
- Increase the members’ recognition of ethics in their careers and its impact on society.
- Leading a culture of ethics in chemistry.
Who We Are
The Committee on Ethics promotes and supports high standards of ethical conduct and integrity in the community of chemistry and related disciplines for the benefit of science and society.
- Committee on Ethics website
- ACS Ethical & Professional Guidelines
- Case Studies for Ethics in Chemistry Education
- Committee Monograph – The Importance of Ethical Conduct in Scientific Research PDF (2017)
- Committee Monograph – Introduction to the Ethics of Scientific Conflict of Interest PDF (2020)
Other ACS Committees Offering Ethical Guidance
Call 1-800-227-5558 or send an email if you have questions or need more information about the Committee on Ethics.