Committee on Nomenclature, Terminology, and Symbols
What We Do
Enabling a common language for chemistry
Educate, facilitate, and advocate for the use of chemical representations that support universal understanding of chemistry
- Achieve a common language of chemistry by educating its practitioners
- Facilitate the interaction of chemists to implement appropriate chemical representations
- Advocate for the use of a common language of chemistry
Who We Are:
Nomenclature, Terminology, and Symbols (NTS) committee members and associates are appointed by the ACS President. Councilors and non-councilors are welcome.
Interested in learning more or joining the committee?
- Fill out the ACS Committee Preferences form
- Contact us to let us know about your current activities, interests, and how you can contribute to NTS.