Committee on Professional and Member Relations
What We Do
The core mission of the Committee on Professional and Member Relations (P&MR) is to advance through Board-level policy recommendations the professional and economic interests and stature of ACS members worldwide. For more details, see the P&MR Information page.
- Society Membership trends, long-range and short-range plans and experimental programs
Industry Member Intiative
- Understand the industry members demographic
- What industry member problems are we trying to solve?
ACS National Awards
- Improving the efficiency of the Selection Process
- National Awards Advisory Board (NAAB)
- Understanding the National Awards from a Financial Perspective
- National Awards Sponsors and ACS Board Awards
- Strengthening guidelines and selection process
Diversity, Inclusion & Respect Advisory Board
- Finish the DI&R Lab Course
- Conduct a joint Board of Directors, Executive Leadserhip Team, and Diversity, Inclusion & Respect Advisory Board (DI&R AB) workshop, January 2020
- Guiding Principles for the DI&R Core value
- Charge for DI&R AB
- Conduct a DI&R AB Strategic Plan Retreat/Optimize Structure
Learn more about the Diversity, Inclusion & Respect Advisory Board.
Enhancing Member Facing IT
- Enabling international chapters to nominate their members for ACS Fellows
- Volunteer Management
- Member Testing Activities
- Grants Management
Who We Are
The Committee on Professional and Member Relations (P&MR) is an eight-member Standing Committee of the ACS Board of Directors. Mr. John Katz is Staff Liaison.