Committee on Professional and Member Relations
What We Do
The core mission of the Committee on Professional and Member Relations (P&MR) is to advance through Board-level policy recommendations the professional and economic interests and stature of ACS members worldwide. For more details, see the P&MR Information page.
- Society Membership trends, long-range and short-range plans and experimental programs
Industry Member Intiative
- Understand the industry members demographic
- What industry member problems are we trying to solve?
ACS National Awards
- Improving the efficiency of the Selection Process National Awards Advisory Board (NAAB)
- Understanding the National Awards from a Financial Perspective
- National Awards Sponsors and ACS Board Awards
- Strengthening guidelines and selection process
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Respect Advisory Board
- Align all stakeholders (Board, ELT, and AB) on DEIR strategy [with a series of joint workshops]
- Optimize structure and communication mechanism for strategy implementation
- Support development of DEIR courses and trainings
- Support governance and staff units in DEIR activities as SMEs
- Collect and respond to feedback from members and governance units on DEIR-related matters
- Routinely make recommendations to P&MR and the BOD on urgent DEIR matters
Learn more about the Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Respect Advisory Board.
Enhancing Member Facing IT
- Enabling international chapters to nominate their members for ACS Fellows
- Volunteer Management
- Member Testing Activities
- Grants Management
Who We Are
The Committee on Professional and Member Relations (P&MR) is an eight-member Standing Committee of the ACS Board of Directors. Mr. John Katz is Staff Liaison.