Joint Board-Council Committee on Publications
What We Do
- The Joint Board-Council Committee on Publications (JBCCP) is one of the 13 committees that report both to the Board and to the Council of ACS.
- The Committee:
- Assesses the editorial quality and content of the publication program of the Society
- Serves as a channel among Society members, users of the Society’s publications, and the ACS governing bodies;
- Advises on copyright policy and recommends actions to protect ACS copyright.
- Joint Board-Council Committees are responsible to the ACS Board on all matters related to fiscal and legal issues, and to both the ACS Board and Council on all other matters. These committees report to the Council Policy Committee, the Council, and the ACS Board at their respective meetings.
- Learn more about the JBCCP’s responsibilities.
Who We Are
- The Joint Board-Council Committees may have members and committee associates other than Councilors. Appointments to Joint Board-Council Committees are arranged so as to provide rotation.
- One member is appointed each year by the ACS President, one member is appointed by the Chair of the ACS board, and all other members are appointed jointly, with the advice of the Committee on Committees.
- Each Joint Board-Council Committee may have any Board-Council Committees serve a term of three years and are permitted up to three consecutive three-year terms on the same committee.
Send an email or call if you have questions or need more information about the JBCCP.
Dr. Jerzy Klosin
Chair, Publications | Chemical & Engineering News (C&EN) Editorial Board
The Dow Chemical Company
560 Oval Drive
Midland, MI 48674-0001
Phone: (989) 636-7435
Dr. Emilio X. Esposito
Liasion, Committee on Committee (ConC)
Head of Learning Analytics
Hub for Innovation in Learning and Technology
Michigan State University
619 Red Cedar Road
D101 Wells Hall
East Lansing, MI 48824
Phone: (517) 507-6736