ACS Approval Program for Bachelor’s Degree Programs
About the ACS Approval Program
ACS promotes excellence in chemistry education for undergraduate students through approval of baccalaureate chemistry programs. ACS-approved programs offer a broad-based and rigorous chemistry education that gives students intellectual, experimental, and communication skills to become effective scientific professionals.
Benefits of an Approved Program
- Institutions with an ACS-approved chemistry program attract top high school talent looking for established and rigorous departments.
- Approved departments are staffed by accomplished faculty, contain a modern and well-maintained infrastructure, and provide a coherent chemistry curriculum.
- Employers find graduates of approved programs to be better prepared for technical employment.
- The approval process provides a mechanism for departments to evaluate their program, identify areas of strengths and opportunities for change, and leverage support from their institutions and external agencies.
Office of Professional Training
Day-to-day operations of CPT and the ACS Approval Program are administered by:
- Michelle M. Brooks, Ph.D., Senior Manager
- Darrell A. Alexander, Lead Education Associate/Budget Analyst
- Houston D. Kimrey, III, Senior Education Associate