Tuesday, Apr 23, 2019, 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM China Standard Time
Upon graduation, many Chemistry students will have the opportunity to pursue a research career in Industry. However, because the only experience students have is in the university environment, there is a lot of confusion about the working environment of the company.
Join ACS Fellow, APS Fellow, and Dow Fellow Dr. Hongyu Chen, as he discusses the differences in academic and enterprise research and what enterprise recruiters are looking for in an R&D candidate.
This webinar was conducted in Chinese
What You Will Learn
- The difference in Enterprise vs University R&D.
- How to initiate projects, obtain project funds, management and assessment in a corporate environment.
- Employment requirements for a researcher in the corporate
- The research environment and resources in a company vs colleges and universities,
- University vs corporate culture
- Career ladder for R&D positions in enterprise
- What enterprise recruiters are looking for in an R&D candidate?
Benefits of Membership
- ACS Webinars Archive: Every one of our 200+ past webinars available on demand
- Save Money: Members receive discounts on meetings, development courses and more!
- Access to SciFinder®: Members receive 25 complimentary SciFinder® research activities per year