Chemistry & the Economy: 2019 Outlook
December 6, 2018 @ 2-3pm ET
The chemical industry is finding itself challenged on multiple fronts and the idea that the industry is entering a state of global recession is now becoming a consensus view. Geopolitically, the uncertainty surrounding the UK leaving the EU is looming, with a “hard Brexit” looking more likely. Tariffs between the US, China and other countries are continuing to escalate. Join us for our twice-annual look at the economy with Paul Hodges of International eChem and Bill Carroll of Carroll Applied Science for an update of what has been affecting the chemical market and what companies can do to adapt to this changing world in 2019.
What You Will Learn
- Oil prices were projected to rise and did, but now they are falling…what is happening with the market
- What’s happening in the feedstock to ethylene to polyethylene chain and its supply-demand dynamic
- An update on US-China tensions and the elevating levels of geopolitical risk
Benefits of Membership
- ACS Webinars Archive: Every one of our 200+ past webinars available on demand
- Save Money: Members receive discounts on meetings, development courses and more!
- Access to SciFinder®: Members receive 25 complimentary SciFinder® research activities per year
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.