In recent years the number of people pursuing vegetarian and vegan lifestyles has risen. In response, several start-up and established companies are developing and commercializing nonanimal foods to provide alternatives to animal-based meat.
To complete your registration, you will be asked to log in using your ACS ID. If you are not already logged in, you may enter your credentials or create an ID from the next screen.Log in or Register Now
This ACS Webinar has ended.
Registrants of this webinar will receive an email with the opportunity to download the slides and view the unedited recording for a 24 hour period after which it will be removed, edited, and become an ACS member benefit.
Join Julie Mann of PURIS Holdings, Joshua March of Artemys Foods, and Andrew Ive of Big Idea Ventures as they discuss this sector’s growth and the challenges to consumer adoption of alternative meats. During this free interactive broadcast, discover how this transformation will affect the future of food consumption despite the regulatory, economic, and consumer-perception hurdles it faces.
This ACS Webinar is moderated by Christopher Gregson of Greenstalk Food Consulting and co-produced with the Science History Institute and Chemical & Engineering News.
What You Will Learn
- A better understanding of the most significant transformation of the food industry in decades
- The challenges of formulating plant-based products or using cell cultures to “grow” meat
- How it will affect peoples’ dietary choices in the future
- Thursday, March 11, 2021 @ 1-2pm ET
- Free to attend with the creation of an ACS ID
- Slides will be available to download on the day of the broadcast