Top Five Chemistry Tips for the Kitchen
February 16, 2012
Do you believe “you are what you eat?” Maybe, but as a chemist, you can certainly let who you are transform what you eat! Trade your lab coat for an apron and bring your skills from the bench to the table for a helping of gastronomic chemistry that is downright delicious! Knead, melt, marinate or sauté you way into this webinar with Guy Crosby, Science Adviser to America’s Test Kitchen, to learn the top five chemistry tips that no chemist should enter the kitchen without!
*Access to this recording is an exclusive benefit for ACS Members.
What You Will Learn
- The chemistry behind preserving fruits and vegetables
- How baking soda changes the texture of food
- The difference between stale bread and dry bread
- How chemistry makes short work of cooking stock
- The secret to really chewy brownies
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.