Cloudiness in Beer: Considerations and Chemistry
Thursday, August 2, 2018 @ 2-3pm ET
Hazy IPAs (India Pale Ales) are a popular trend these days among those that desire a hop-forward beer, and often, these are immensely turbid beers. However, this contradicts general wisdom that most beers save a few, such as wheat beers like hefeweissen, should be brilliantly "bright" and remain that way throughout their shelf life. Join Dr. Charlie Bamforth, the Anheuser-Busch Endowed Professor of Malting & Brewing Sciences at the UC Davis, as he discusses the science involved in all this, both sensory and chemical, as well as how the brewer can ensure that the customer gets what they want from their beer.
What You Will Learn
- What makes beer cloudy and is “turbid” a bad word in the beer world
- How the raw materials and processes influence the clarity of beer
- What is the technological approach to ensuring the desired clarity every time
- Date: Thursday, August 2, 2018 at 2-3 pm ET
- Fee: Free to Attend
- Download slides on Live event date
BYOB Experiment...make it more interactive
- Sierra Nevada Hazy Little Thing
- Weihenstephaner Hefeweiss Bier
- Cooper's Sparkling Ale
- For a truly bright beer, pick your favorite mainstream long-standing American lager beer
Benefits of Membership
- ACS Webinars Archive: Every one of our 200+ past webinars available on demand
- Save Money: Members receive discounts on meetings, development courses and more!
- Access to SciFinder®: Members receive 25 complimentary SciFinder® research activities per year
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.