Why are we still dealing with food adulteration in the 21st century? Avocado oil has been experiencing high consumer demand due to its health benefits. However, despite labels claiming “pure avocado oil,” UC Davis researchers recently reported at least 82% of test samples were either prematurely stale or mixed with other oils.
To complete your registration, you will be asked to log in using your ACS ID. If you are not already logged in, you may enter your credentials or create an ID from the next screen.Log in or Register Now
This ACS Webinar has ended.
Registrants of this webinar will receive an email with the opportunity to download the slides and view the unedited recording for a 24 hour period after which it will be removed, edited, and become an ACS member benefit.
Join Selina Wang of UC Davis to discover the chemistry of the cooking oils in your cupboard. During this free interactive broadcast she will discuss her over-a-decade experience studying olive oil purity and quality and how these practices can be applied to food adulteration challenges now facing the avocado oil industry.
This ACS Webinar is moderated by Britt Erickson of C&EN and is co-produced with Chemical & Engineering News.
What You Will Learn
- What is food adulteration and how do chemists help protect consumers
- The chemistry of high value oil such as olive oil and avocado oil
- Successes in the olive oil industry’s response to adulteration and the current challenges in the avocado oil industry
- Wednesday, April 7, 2021 @ 2-3pm ET
- Free to attend with the creation of an ACS ID
- Slides will be available to download on the day of the broadcast