Crystallography as a Drug Design and Delivery Tool
The crystal form of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) can significantly impact the quality and consistency of the final dosage form for drug development compounds, especially for solid oral dosage formulations. Join us as Vincent Stoll of Abbvie and Robert Wenslow of Crystal Pharmatech cover some of the basics of Protein X-ray Crystallography, applications to drug discovery and structure-based drug design, and case studies of successful programs. They will also demonstrate how adequate attention to API solid form during development will aid in managing program risk.
What You Will Learn
- How and why we use Protein X-ray Crystallography
- How we apply it to drug discovery and design
- What is fragment-based drug discovery and the advantages of this approach
- Choosing the appropriate API crystal form for development
- Case studies of crystal form changes during development
- Regulatory guidance for crystal forms
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.