Designing Better Drug Candidates
Only about 4% of candidate drugs reach the market. The main culprits of this failure are due to issues with dosing , exposure and toxicity. Join us as Dr. Paul Leeson shares how improving candidate quality can be facilitated by the selection of lead-like chemical starting points, control of physicochemical properties during optimization, employment of predictive chemistry tools, and the application of ligand efficiency measures.
*Access to this recording is an exclusive benefit for ACS Members.
What You Will Learn
- Impact of compound quality on clinical pipeline attrition
- Lead-like versus drug-like physicochemical properties
- Application of ligand efficiency measures in optimization and candidate selection
Benefits of Membership
- ACS Webinars Archive: Every one of our 200+ past webinars available on demand
- Save Money: Members receive discounts on meetings, development courses and more!
- Access to SciFinder®: Members receive 25 complimentary SciFinder® research activities per year
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.