The Medicinal Chemist of Tomorrow
Join us for a discussion about the skills required to successfully work in drug design. Joel Barrish from Achillion and Ravi Nargund of Merck will each share their views and then participate in a Q&A session with the audience. Tune in to learn the attributes and capabilities needed by future medicinal chemists as well as the importance for medicinal chemists to be modality agonistic and focus on product potential.
What You Will Learn
- Many of the key innovations where medicinal chemistry will have impact in the future
- How organizations have evolved and will continue to evolve to address challenges in drug discovery and development
- The key attributes needed for success by the future medicinal chemist
- Design strategies for synthesizing orally active peptide receptor agonists.
- Exposure to “modalities” and why transitioning beyond “small molecules” may be relevant for impact.
- Why “smart” insulins and the MRL approach for glucose responsive insulins.
- Identification and Preclinical Pharmacology of BMS-986104: A Differentiated S1P1 Receptor Modulator in Clinical Trials - ACS Medicinal Chemistry Letters
- Design of Potent and Orally Active GPR119 Agonists for the Treatment of Type II Diabetes - ACS Medicinal Chemistry Letters
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.