Viral Hepatitis: The Search for a Cure
Chronic viral hepatitis presents a major worldwide public health problem with the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention reporting over 50,000 new infections each year in the U.S. alone. However, the successes in identifying curative therapies for HCV and the recent progress in HBV drug discovery can provide hope for patients with these chronic liver diseases. Join Mike Sofia of Arbutus Biopharma as he describes viral hepatitis and its impact on human health and the challenges associated with identifying a cure for chronic hepatitis C and hepatitis B virus infections. During this broadcast you will discover the various approaches used to identify curative therapies for these chronic liver diseases.
What You Will Learn
- What are the various viruses that cause viral hepatitis, how they are different and what is their disease manifestation and impact on human health
- What molecular targets have been investigated to identify potential clinical candidates against the various hepatitis viruses and the progress made to developing therapies
- Current state of clinical results as they relate to identifying curative regimens for HCV and HBV
- Date: Thursday, July 27, 2017 @ 2:00-3:00pm ET
- Fee: Free to Attend
- Download Slides: Available Day of Broadcast
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.