Fighting Cancer: Targeting CNS Malignancy with Kinase Inhibitors
Delivering compounds to the brain can be difficult. Join us as Timothy P. Heffron begins our module on fighting cancer with a discussion on the unmet need for neurooncology treatments, the significant opportunities that remain for new kinase inhibitors in this space and the unique challenges and considerations for brain-penentrant kinase inhibitor programs.
What You Will Learn
- Free brain penetration (as opposed to just brain penetration) must be considered by neurooncology programs
- Kinase inhibitors are of interest for the treatment of both primary brain tumors and brain metastases.
- Focused drug discovery efforts, including optimization of physicochemical properties, can yield freely brain penetrating kinase inhibitors.
Benefits of Membership
- ACS Webinars Archive: Every one of our 200+ past webinars available on demand
- Save Money: Members receive discounts on meetings, development courses and more!
- Access to SciFinder®: Members receive 25 complimentary SciFinder® research activities per year
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.