Avoiding PAINS (pan-assay interference compounds)
Increasingly accessible to academic researchers, high-throughput screening (HTS) is one of the best ways to discover starting points for new chemical probes and first-in-class drug candidates. However, researchers new to HTS do not often appreciate how readily this technology furnishes artefacts (Pan Assay Interference Compounds or PAINS) that can distract and mislead. Join Jonathan Baell as he shares some tips on how to avoid the dead ends of drug discovery.
*Access to this recording is an exclusive benefit for ACS Members.
What You Will Learn
- A working understanding of why PAINS truly are PAINful and not acceptable
- An easy way to recognize if your hits are PAINS
- How you can help the academic drug discovery community
Benefits of Membership
- ACS Webinars Archive: Every one of our 200+ past webinars available on demand
- Save Money: Members receive discounts on meetings, development courses and more!
- Access to SciFinder®: Members receive 25 complimentary SciFinder® research activities per year
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.