Accelerating CNS Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Ligand Discovery
PET ligands play important roles in drug discovery relating to the central nervous system. However, the discovery efforts of PET ligands have suffered from high attrition rates due to a demanding list of required attributes and a lack of guiding principles in ligand design and prioritization. Join Lei Zhang as he lays out a set of preferred parameters for CNS PET ligand design which has been derived from a systematic analysis of a PET ligand database. These preferred parameters have been applied prospectively applied to a number of programs within Pfizer, yielding successful PET ligands with reduced resources and timelines.
What You Will Learn
- What makes good PET ligands and what values do they bring to drug discovery
- What is the desired property space for PET ligands
- How to prospectively use the defined design parameters to accelerate PET ligand discovery
Benefits of Membership
- ACS Webinars Archive: Every one of our 200+ past webinars available on demand
- Save Money: Members receive discounts on meetings, development courses and more!
- Access to SciFinder®: Members receive 25 complimentary SciFinder® research activities per year
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.