A New Strategy in Drug Discovery: Protac-Induced Protein Degradation
January 25, 2018 @ 2-3pm ET
Session 1 of the 2018 Drug Design and Delivery Symposium
The drug discovery journey is not only an expensive venture but often it can take a decade or more to deliver a medicine for widespread clinical use to a public in desperate need of treatment. Ian Churcher of BenevolentBio suggests that perhaps we shouldn’t be looking for a “faster horse” but rather imagining and creating the “model T of the 21st century.” One such example is using artificial intelligence technology and novel approaches in targeted protein degradation, which has the potential to transform the way medicinal chemistry and drug discovery is carried out. Since 2015 the field of targeted protein degradation using drug-like “Protacs” has rapidly emerged and offers opportunities for novel pharmacological interventions in ways impossible to achieve with traditional small molecule inhibitors. The potential of the area is very significant but clinical studies using Protacs have not yet been reported and a range of questions remain before the true impact of the area can be assessed. Join us in this interactive webinar and decide if you should be using this innovative approach to accelerate your research.
What You Will Learn
- A background to the technology as well as highlighting potential opportunities of using the approach
- Discussion on selection of targets most suited to a Protac approach
- Future directions of the field including outstanding challenges
- “Are You Looking For A Faster Horse In Drug Discovery?” - A short blog by Ian Churcher
- Protac-Induced Protein Degradation in Drug Discovery: Breaking the Rules or Just Making New Ones? - Ian Churcher, Journal of Medicinal Chemistry
- Date: Thursday, January 25, 2018 at 2-3 pm ET
- Fee: Free to Attend
- Download slides on Live event date
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.
Benefits of Membership
- ACS Webinars Archive: Every one of our 200+ past webinars available on demand
- Save Money: Members receive discounts on meetings, development courses and more!
- Access to SciFinder®: Members receive 25 complimentary SciFinder® research activities per year