Women in Drug Discovery and Development: How to Succeed as a Female in Academia and Industry
February 22, 2018 @ 2-3:30pm ET
Session 2 of the 2018 Drug Design and Delivery Symposium
"Life is not easy for any of us…We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained." Marie Curie is an inspiration for all scientists and for good reason as she was a true pioneer and the first scientist to be awarded a Nobel Prize in two different categories. With more young women than ever opting to study within the STEM field, we look to answer just what it takes to create a rewarding and successful career within academia or the pharmaceutical industry as a female. We will explore insights from those in the field today to understand the technical and soft skills necessary to flourish.
What You Will Learn
- Insight and real life experiences from successful females in drug discovery and development from academia to industry
- A day in the life of each panel member highlighting their roles and responsibilities in their specific functions
- The technical and soft skills ideal for each panelist's position within drug discovery and development
- Date: Thursday, February 22, 2018 at 2-3:30 pm ET
- Fee: Free to Attend
- Download The Slides
Benefits of Membership
- ACS Webinars Archive: Every one of our 200+ past webinars available on demand
- Save Money: Members receive discounts on meetings, development courses and more!
- Access to SciFinder®: Members receive 25 complimentary SciFinder® research activities per year
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.