X-ray Crystallography in Drug Discovery
Jon Mason and Miles Congreve from Heptares will describe what protein-ligand X-ray data can do for your medicinal chemistry project. How these data can be interpreted and used to influence both the strategic direction of the work and to drive the design of compounds for synthesis will be discussed.
What You Will Learn
- Assessment of the druggability of a binding site and the types and quality of the interactions that can form with small molecules – factors that suggest the tractability of the target to small molecule drug design
- Approaches to consider the importance of binding site solvation, protein dynamics, binding kinetics and small molecule conformation / flexibility– all factors that influence how potent a compound is for the target
- The role of SBDD in directing the best practice of the medicinal chemists in order to design better quality, atom efficient compounds with improved druglike properties
Benefits of Membership
- ACS Webinars Archive: Every one of our 200+ past webinars available on demand
- Save Money: Members receive discounts on meetings, development courses and more!
- Access to SciFinder®: Members receive 25 complimentary SciFinder® research activities per year
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.