When you drink your favorite brew are you in the pursuit of hoppiness?
To register, sign in using your ACS ID.Log In
Don't have an ACS ID? It's free and easy to create one »
This ACS Webinar has ended.
Registrants of this webinar will receive an email with the opportunity to download the slides and view the unedited recording for a 24 hour period after which it will be removed, edited, and become an ACS member benefit.
Join Professor of Biochemistry, Nick Flynn of West Texas A&M University for a second round on ACS Webinars as he discusses how dried yeast/malt extract and hop pellets are manufactured and used to produce beer. Register now to learn about the science of beer fermentation, plus Dr. Flynn will discuss a rare condition that makes you intoxicated without drinking alcohol when your body turns sugar and carbohydrates into alcohol.
This ACS Webinar is moderated by Brian Guthrie of Cargill and co-produced with the ACS Division of Agricultural & Food Chemistry.
What You Will Learn
- Methods for producing dried yeast/malt extract and hop pellets
- The various ways that dried yeast/malt extract and hop pellets are used to produce beer
- Causes, symptoms, and treatment of Auto-brewery Syndrome
- Thursday, March 31, 2022 @ 2:00–3:00pm ET
- Free to Register with ACS ID
- Slides will be avalible to download on the day of the webinar