Caesar’s Last Breath and the Fascinating Science and History of the Air We Breathe
August 10, 2017 @ 2:00pm ET
It’s invisible. It’s ever-present. Without it, you would die in minutes. There are millions of stories flitting into and out of your lungs every second of every day. Join New York Times bestselling author Sam Kean as he returns to ACS Webinars to chronicle his latest book, Caesar’s Last Breath. During this live chat he will make these invisible stories visible, and give you a new perspective on this fascinating and all but ordinary substance.
What You Will Learn
- Why earth has had four distinct atmospheres in its history, and why each one disappeared
- Why fluctuating gases have profoundly affected the evolution of certain species on Earth
- Why Albert Einstein built one of the most innovative home appliances of the 20th century - and why it failed in the marketplace
- Sam Kean’s latest book explores the molecules we breathe - C&EN
- Genes and Geniuses: The Lost Human Story Buried in our DNA - Previous webinar with Sam
- Disappearing Spoon: Video Series - A series of short videos covering the fascinating stories behind 12 elements featuring Sam
- Strange Tales from the Periodic Table: The Disappearing Spoon - Previous webinar with Sam
Benefits of Membership
- ACS Webinars Archive: Every one of our 200+ past webinars available on demand
- Save Money: Members receive discounts on meetings, development courses and more!
- Access to SciFinder®: Members receive 25 complimentary SciFinder® research activities per year
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.