Looking into the Crystal Ball: Government, Politics & the Chemistry Enterprise
December 2, 2016
The recent national election and its outcome has been covered from countless different angles, but what does it mean for the chemistry community? Join us for a special broadcast from the Nation’s Capital as The ACS Presidential Succession: ACS president Donna J. Nelson, ACS president-elect Allison A. Campbell and ACS past president Diane Grob Schmidt have a lively discussion with the National Journal Political Editor Josh Kraushaar and ACS Office of Public Affairs Director Glenn Ruskin. We invite you to tune in and share your thoughts as we gather viewpoints from industrial, academic and government chemist’s perspective on the incoming Trump Administration and the start of the 115th Congress.
What You Will Learn
- Lessons Learned from the 2016 Election
- A look to 2017: priorities for a new Administration and Congress
- How ACS will engage with the new Administration and the 115th Congress
- What Election 2016 means for the chemistry enterprise - c&en article
- Trump’s views on major science policy issues - c&en article
- ACS among science organizations calling for Trump to appoint a science adviser - c&en article
- Cleantech industry ponders Trump presidency - c&en article
- Multi-Society CEO Transition Letter to President-Elect Trump
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.