Cosmetic Chemistry: Novel Approaches using Natural and Renewable Ingredients
October 20, 2016
Nobody can deny that nature makes amazing chemistry. However, many naturally-derived ingredients are appearing more and more in cosmetic products these days with little understanding of their activity or composition. Join Richard Blackburn of the University of Leeds and Keracol Limited as he investigates the possibility of isolating actives from plant materials using green chemistry principles as well as how to find applications for these actives to produce both sustainable and functional cosmetics.
What You Will Learn
- Extraction, isolation and characterization of actives from plant materials
- Considerations of how natural ingredients are developed into cosmetic formulations
- Applications of naturally-derived actives in cosmetic products
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.
Benefits of Membership
- ACS Webinars Archive: Every one of our 200+ past webinars available on demand
- Save Money: Members receive discounts on meetings, development courses and more!
- Access to SciFinder®: Members receive 25 complimentary SciFinder® research activities per year