The Opioid Crisis and Quest for Superior Analgesics without Addiction
Rescheduled for Thursday, June 21, 2018 at 2-3 pm ET
Opioid-related drug overdoses are leading to approximately 150 deaths every day in the United States alone. Furthermore, present day statistics show that almost a third of the American population suffer from chronic pain and opioids continue to be our best choice for pain-relief. Join Ajay Yekkirala of Blue Therapeutics, who has over 10 years of research experience in opioid medicinal chemistry and the neurobiology of pain, to discover how medicinal chemists are developing potent analgesics that are devoid of narcotic side effects to stop the cycle of pain-opioid abuse.
- Looking beyond opioids for safer pain relief - Bethany Halford, Chemical & Engineering News
What You Will Learn
- What are the stats, scientific issues, and policy ramifications driving the opioid crisis
- What are the body’s pain pathways and where are the potential clinical targets
- The search for solutions and what are medicinal chemists working on right now
- Date: Thursday, June 21, 2018 at 2-3 pm ET
- Fee: Free to Attend
- Download slides on Live event date
Benefits of Membership
- ACS Webinars Archive: Every one of our 200+ past webinars available on demand
- Save Money: Members receive discounts on meetings, development courses and more!
- Access to SciFinder®: Members receive 25 complimentary SciFinder® research activities per year
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.