Chemistry of Anti-Doping: Deterring of Performance-Enhancing Drug Use by Athletes
July 20, 2017 @ 2:00pm ET
It seems like every few months there is a new headline about an individual or group being investigated for sports doping. For all athletes who take performance-enhancing drugs there is a risk vs. reward mentality where the most important factor is the assurance of being detected and sanctioned. Join Larry Bowers of LDBowers, LLC as he shares the role that chemists play in the deterrence of performance-enhancing drugs. Discover more about the detection that is critical to the certainty of a positive test in the areas of analytical methodology, hematology, pharmacology, physiology, and toxicology.
What You Will Learn
- The principles of perceptual deterrence
- Endogenous and exogenous steroid metabolism and detection strategies
- Detection of “performance-enhancing” peptides and proteins
Benefits of Membership
- ACS Webinars Archive: Every one of our 200+ past webinars avalible on demand
- Save Money: Members receive discounts on meetings, development courses and more!
- Access to SciFinder®: Members receive 25 complimentary SciFinder® research activities per year
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.