Providing Science and Technology Support to Congress: Plans and Opportunities
Thursday, March 7, 2019 at 2-3 pm ET
The U.S. Congress wrestles daily with complex issues facing our nation, many of which exist at the nexus of science, technology, and public policy. Therefore, as scientists, how can we positively affect the future legislation of science and technological advancements? The Government Accountability Office (GAO) holds a unique role in assisting Congress with its oversight, insight, and foresight responsibilities. Recently Congress tasked GAO with expanding its role in providing scientific and technology-related information and support.
Join Karen Howard and Timothy Persons of GAO in this free interactive broadcast as they discuss the plans GAO has for meeting that request. Don’t miss this opportunity to share your input regarding issues GAO could address, types of products and services that would be helpful to Congress and the public, and methods and frameworks to provide policy options to Congress.
What You Will Learn
- GAO’s role in providing science and technology support to Congress
- The exciting opportunities presented by GAO’s first reorganization in two decades
- The views of webinar participants regarding how GAO can best meet these challenges
- Thursday, March 7, 2019 at 2-3 pm ET
- Fee: Free to Attend
- Download slides on day of the Live broadcast
Benefits of Membership
- ACS Webinars Archive: Every one of our 200+ past webinars available on demand
- Save Money: Members receive discounts on meetings, development courses and more!
- Access to SciFinder®: Members receive 25 complimentary SciFinder® research activities per year
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.