Natural, Sustainable Innovation: L’Oréal’s Commitment to Renewable Materials and Eco-Friendly Processes
February 16, 2017
The integration of green chemistry principles in the development of any new process or ingredient is a pivotal element of sustainable development. Join Michel Philippe and Xavier Marat as they shares how L’Oréal began incorporating these principals in to the research and production over 10 years ago. They will discuss the importance of using renewable raw materials, designing resource-efficient synthesis methods with minimal environmental impact, and developing substances with favorable environmental profiles designed with their subsequent degradation in mind.
What You Will Learn
- Method of integration of the Green Chemistry Principles by the world’s leading group in cosmetics
- The benefits of carbohydrate and especially C-glycosides synthesis without almost any protecting groups and eco-friendly solvents.
- Implementation of a rigorous methodology and of accurate green indicators for our raw materials portfolio.
Benefits of Membership
- ACS Webinars Archive: Every one of our 200+ past webinars available on demand
- Save Money: Members receive discounts on meetings, development courses and more!
- Access to SciFinder®: Members receive 25 complimentary SciFinder® research activities per year
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.