2018 Midterm Election Results: What It Could Mean for Chemistry
Thursday, November 8, 2018 at 2pm ET
Not as much attention is typically given to a midterm election, but a lot will be decided on November 6. Join Ben Pershing, Editor of the National Journal and Anthony Pitagno, Director of Government Affairs and Strategic Alliances for the American Chemical Society in this free interactive broadcast as they examine the midterm election results from a science perspective.
Discover a preliminary analysis of the midterm election results, ranging from the Congressional Chemistry Caucus; which party won the majority for the House and Senate; and scientists running for office. Lastly, the webinar will discuss possible legislative priorities for the new Congress.
What You Will Learn
- What were the overall results of the 2018 midterm elections and what do they mean for the sciences
- How scientists running for office fared and if we have an increase of scientists in Congress
- What are some possible legislative priorities in the new Congress relevant to chemistry
Benefits of Membership
- ACS Webinars Archive: Every one of our 200+ past webinars available on demand
- Save Money: Members receive discounts on meetings, development courses and more!
- Access to SciFinder®: Members receive 25 complimentary SciFinder® research activities per year
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.