How Sustainable Chemistry is Safer Chemistry
Thursday, July 19, 2018 at 2-3 pm ET
Should “good science” be constrained by either safer or greener practices? Furthermore, is “good science” mutually exclusive from safety and green chemistry? It can be seen that the practice of chemistry in academia has been slow in adopting greener chemistry, and in addition, safety standards in academic laboratories are perceived as less rigorous than those found in industrial settings. Join David Constable of the ACS Green Chemistry Institute in this free interactive broadcast as he demonstrates that the best science is that which incorporates safety and green chemistry into the design and practice.
What You Will Learn
- How inherent safety and green chemistry are more than close allies
- Why proper design of chemistry routes and processes is essential to ensure safer, greener chemistry
- Why we should get used to trade-offs and not let the pursuit of perfection be the enemy of the good
- Date: Thursday, July 19, 2018 at 2-3 pm ET
- Fee: Free to Attend
- Download David's Slides
Benefits of Membership
- ACS Webinars Archive: Every one of our 200+ past webinars available on demand
- Save Money: Members receive discounts on meetings, development courses and more!
- Access to SciFinder®: Members receive 25 complimentary SciFinder® research activities per year
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.