Become a Science Advocate: How to Engage Your Elected Officials
Thursday, July 12, 2018 at 2-3 pm ET
Communicating science to policymakers effectively has taken on new urgency. As scientists and even science itself is thrust into a place of high visibility in the U.S. popular media and in the national policy debate, it is crucial for scientists to get out of the lab and speak to their elected officials. Join ACS Immediate Past President, Allison A. Campbell and Laura Pence, a Professor of Chemistry at the University of Hartford and Member of the ACS Board of Directors, as they share why science is an invaluable component in making laws and regulations and how we can engage our elected officials with stories conveying the impact, importance, and excitement of the work that we do.
What You Will Learn
- Why it is important that scientists speak with their elected officials and how to engage with elected officials
- How to build a compelling message and prepare for a meeting with an elected official
- The process for executing a successful meeting and what to expect from the visit
Benefits of Membership
- ACS Webinars Archive: Every one of our 200+ past webinars available on demand
- Save Money: Members receive discounts on meetings, development courses and more!
- Access to SciFinder®: Members receive 25 complimentary SciFinder® research activities per year
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.