Tackling Toxics: The Chemical Class Approach towards Healthier Products and Materials
April 21, 2016
There are currently tens of thousands of chemicals on the market, screening them for safety can seem like an impossible task. Rather than addressing each compound one at a time, a chemical class approach could be used to address many of the chemicals of concern commonly found in consumer products. Join us as Arlene Blum shares more about this system and how it is used by large purchasers, manufacturers, retailers, and government decision makers.
What You Will Learn
- The chemical properties and applications of “Six Classes” of chemicals of concern in consumer products and building materials.
- How to prevent “regrettable substitutions”, whereby a phased-out chemical is replaced by another that is closely related.
- Case studies on how government and business can address the use of classes of harmful chemicals for healthier products and materials.
- Tackling Toxics - Science - Editorial - Arlene Blum
- Elevated Levels Of Suspected Carcinogen Found In States' Drinking Water - Morning Edition
- A Polymeric Solution For A Bromine Problem - c&en
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.