Across the globe, millions of people are at an increased risk of illness or death due to poor quality control for medicines, dietary supplements, and foods. A strong set of standards and guidelines is needed to ensure their consistent quality.
The U.S. Pharmacopeia (USP) establishes quality standards and sets the bar for scientific rigor and technological progress, and they are looking for your assistance. Input from USP's Expert Volunteers is crucial for preserving public trust and maintaining these high standards because they are in a continuous process of review and revision based upon new evidence, emerging public health concerns, and public requests for revision.
During this free interactive broadcast, current Expert Volunteers and staff at USP will share their experiences and detail the opportunities it has provided them to contribute to innovation in healthcare while supporting safe medications and advancing their own professional development.
What You Will Learn
- Learn how the U.S. Pharmacopeia’s mission makes it possible for 2 billion people around the world to have access to quality medicines, dietary supplements, and foods
- Discover how USP volunteers contribute to improving the quality of global public health
- Identify ways your practical experience can empower a healthy tomorrow through working with USP
- Date: Thursday, April 2, 2020 at 2-3pm ET
- Fee: Free to Attend
- Download slides the day of the Live event
Benefits of Membership
- ACS Webinars Archive: Every one of our 250+ past webinars available on demand
- Save Money: Members receive discounts on meetings, development courses and more!
- Access to SciFinder®: Members receive 25 complimentary SciFinder® research activities per year