Exploring Alternative Careers in Chemistry
June 15, 2017
With more uncertainty in the job market for traditional research jobs than in the past, alternative career paths are becoming more attractive. Join us for the second part of our series that seeks to help chemists find employment outside of the bench as we gather a diverse panel that includes Rachel Mohler of Chevron, Teresa Fryberger of the National Academy of Sciences, Mary Beth Mulcahy of the Chemical Safety Board, and Jyllian Kemsley of Chemical & Engineering News. The panelists will expose you to several distinct fields that rely fundamentally on chemistry. If you have not been thinking about such possibilities, this broadcast will give you the opportunity to hear from chemists working in nontraditional positions as well as add your own voice to the discussion.
What You Will Learn
- How to plan for a chemistry career that might not involve any time in the lab
- Three examples of jobs for chemists that exist outside of the traditional path
- Additional skills that could be useful in a non-traditional career
- Date: Thursday, June 15, 2017 @ 2-3pm ET
- Fee: Free to Attend
- Download Slides: Available Day of Broadcast
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.