Exceptional Presentations In Spite of PowerPoint: How to Communicate in the Digital Age
March 15, 2018 @ 2-3pm ET
“Death by PowerPoint” is in the lexicon for good reason. Giving a great presentation is about engaging an audience, which requires understanding who that audience is and what they hope to gain by listening to you. Skills developed when overhead projectors were the norm are critically important for some audiences, yet are rarely cultivated today when the audience is virtual. Join Mark Jones, Executive External Strategy and Communications Fellow at Dow Chemical, in order to discover the keys to effective presentations like knowing your audience, recognizing limitations, and overcoming those limitations.
We are expecting a large number of attendees for this broadcast. If you are unable to join the webinar, please view the overflow broadcast on YouTube.
What You Will Learn
- How and why you must identify your target audience to deliver impactful presentation
- What are the limitations when presenting to faceless audiences that are miles away
- How to overcome virtual audience limitations with learnable skills
- The Good, The Bad and the Uncertain: Public Perception of the Chemical Enterprise - Previous broadcast with Mark
- Date: Thursday, March 15, 2018 at 2-3pm ET
- Fee: Free to Attend
- Download Mark's Slides
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars® does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.
Benefits of Membership
- ACS Webinars Archive: Every one of our 200+ past webinars available on demand
- Save Money: Members receive discounts on meetings, development courses and more!
- Access to SciFinder®: Members receive 25 complimentary SciFinder® research activities per year